Thursday, September 13, 2007

Google analytics

Yesterday I mentioned a wish for statistics on this blog, and I came to think of Google Analytics (GA). I have never used GA before, but when I was involved in website hosting I came across Urchin, because I was testing the Urchin FreeBSD port. Later Urchin was acquired by Google and is now GA. Urchin was superior to any other website statistics software i played with back then, so I look forward to seeing GA in action!

Activating GA was very easy, I used my existing Google account and pasted the javascript code into my blog template, just above the body-end html tag. That was it! And you can add more site watches, and administer them all from one GA account!

According to a few google searches, and a user comment on a blog belong to guy involved in developing GA, it does not seem possible to add GA to flickr sites! Like that user I find this annoying, and it could drive me for a switch to Picasa, which most like will get GA functionality before flickr!

No comments: