Monday, April 14, 2008

Blog backup reminder

Very shortly after I started to use this blog as a placeholder for knowledge, I wondered how I could back the blog up.

I didnt get any backup going, so I am happy to get a reminder from a march post on Taosecurity:
Therefore, for the last several months I've been archiving my blogs using BlogBackupOnline.com. I used the free service while in beta, but my storage requirements for this blog exceed their 5 MB "Freemium" limits. Therefore, I ponied up the money for a "Professional" account with 250 MB storage, and the "advertising" provided by this post should help me double that amount to 500 MB.
One of the comments on the post is interesting, I have to try that:

.. also check out http://blogbackupr.com, 100MB free space

Now I am thinking if I can find an open source backup application or script that does RSS backup similar to those services? Then I could cron a backup myself.

No comments: