Monday, October 29, 2007

Windows IT Pro free utilities

My notes from Windows IT Pro September 2007 free utilities:

Open Computer and Software Inventory Next Generation (OCS inventory NG), more than just unix or just Windows servers. I stumbled upon this before, but I never made a note of it until now.

Locate PC will send alerts to an e-mail you specify if IP information changes. Useful for theft, but article author says he gets a few false positives when a laptop drops shortly off WiFi.

SyncBack is the article authors current choise for remote backup, and he mentions he has tried many.

SIW, System Information for Windows, can tell you anything about your system. And supposedly it can recover a lost password. This is worth keeping a note of, probably will come in handy.

Wink screencasting, similiar to screenshot, but with time aspect. I have always been looking for a free alternative to Snag-It, and all I have so far i Printkey 2000 which is oold. Maybe this will help me in right direction!

No comments: